Saturday, February 27, 2010

Back to the drawing board

Well, I found out yesterday that we didn't get the house.  I guess that means it wasn't for us, so I'm moving on to the next one.  Strangely, a very similar one in the same area but cheaper showed up on the real estate site later last night - could it be a sign?  Who knows, will check it out on Monday :)

Yesterday was a big day - my lovely friends came over and helped me tackle more of the packing and sorting.  Mama Owlet and Unhindered applied themselves to the kitchen and got the vast majority of it done while myself, Dragonfly and Wanderlust sorted clothes.  We ended up with 7 garbage bags full of stuff to get rid of!  Later Geminy arrived and packed books while I sorted paper work and linen and then we tackled the garden and managed to get a fair chunk of that done too.  Geminy and Matangi will be here tomorrow too to really get into the garden.

Ianto and Anouke were exhausted by the end of the day, and there was many a melt down but an early night for us all fixed that.  Today I have a garage sale to deal with, so should start getting some of the stuff out of the shed!  My mum is taking Ianto for me so that he doesn't see people taking our stuff away and then we are heading down to my parents for dinner as tomorrow they will be cruising the Huon river with my grandfather who has now been in Australia for 60 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment