Sunday, February 14, 2010

Just another quiet Sunday at Mum and Dad's house.  We didn't get there until nearly midday because the small people didn't wake up til 9 and by the time we had breakfast, got showered, bathed and dressed it was quite late.  Dad and I disappeared for a while to pick up a trampoline I scored for free, unfortunately it has no padding over the springs, so it is under the deck until I can find some padding and a net to go around it.  Shouldn't be too hard, but its annoying to have a trampoline sitting under the deck that I can't use, ahem, that the small people can't use...
Mum's parents dropped in as they do every other Sunday and we sat out on the patio with a cup of tea.  At one point Anouke (who had been asleep on the couch inside) woke up and Dad brought her outside and she fell asleep on his lap again.  Not something she does very often at all!  And defintely not something she does with me, as if she is on my lap she can smell milk and thinks she is hungry!

Ianto was great today.  A lot calmer than usual and a lot less argumentative.  I have been playing a game with him where I catch him as he runs past and hold onto him and tickle him as he tries to escape - the Occupational Therapist recommended games like that to enable him to work off his excess energy and work out some of the sensory information that would otherwise overload him.  Combined with the small changes we have made to his diet (making sure he gets breakfast, no more bread) and our environment (having the play room organised) he was a different boy today.  I am under no illusions that we have found a miracle cure, but step by step we are getting there...

No comments:

Post a Comment