Thursday, February 11, 2010

Baby steps

I was inordinately happy this evening because I managed to trick Ianto into taking his supplements - I mixed them into hot chocolate and put it in a sippy cup so he wouldn't smell anything.
He drank it!  I was so proud I rang mum and dad lol.  Tomorrow are the appointments with the occupational therapist and nutritionist, so a big day!
I tried to use mybudget.com.au to get some help with my finances today too.  That was a big fat bust.  Apparently because my fixed costs (rent and the rental payments for my computer) are 47% of my income their budget program can't find a workable solution.  Well duh is all I have to say to that.  Why did they think I was asking for help?!  So I'm rethinking my options.  My major cost at the moment is rent.  I can see two ways to reduce that - move in with mum and dad for a while, or get public housing...  Neither prospect is all that appealing if I'm honest, but the rent is one thing I can change and I have to do that...

On the plus side, mum told me this afternoon that my sister Rose has booked her flights back to Australia for the end of the year which has made me very excited and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment