Monday, May 17, 2010

A year ago...


One year ago today I was preparing to head to a friends blessingway for the weekend.
One year ago today I was telling x that he had until I got back on Sunday to find somewhere else to live.
One year ago today I gathered the support of my community around me.
One year ago today I drove away from my old life and towards my new one.
One year ago today I found strength, I found courage, I found myself.

This year I have paid off debts accumulated through 2 abusive relationships. I have made errors of judgement but realised before it was too late. I have taken steps towards living my authentic life. I have started healing myself and my children. This year I look out over paddocks and the river drenched in sun, wispy white clouds in the sky and I feel that I am home. I hear the occasional car drive past, the kookaburras, my children playing happily and the peace of the country and I feel that I am home. I tidy the house and prepare lunch for friends and feel I am home. I have surrounded myself with friends and family and am supported and nourished by the solidarity of my community and the chaos that is a tribe of families with children.

One year on, I am happy and at peace for the first time in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Just brilliant, my love. It has been such an honour to watch you blossom and come into your strength. Your children are happy and grounded and you have created a world for them that is peaceful and loving. Cheering you on always. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a powerful post! You had me in tears, what an incredible journey. I am privileged to have shared it with you x

    ReplyDelete