Sunday, May 23, 2010

up early again...

We have a busy day ahead of us today.  Gytha Ogg and her hubby have a monthly brunch at their house and are hosting their first Tasmanian brunch so we are heading off to that in the morning and then heading to Mum and Dads for late lunch.  I have to make some pikelets to take with us to the Ogg's and somewhere in there drop some books in to my client who is due to birth soon.  Phew!

Our favourite pikelets at the moment are banana, honey and cashew.  I'm in love with my food processor and use it so much that I never put it away at the moment and this is one of the many uses it has.  Making pikelets is as easy as throwing in 3 frozen bananas, whizzing them up a bit, adding honey, self raising flour, a couple of eggs and a handful of cashews, hitting the on button and adding milk as it whizzes until it is the right consistency.  Hey Presto!  Sadly these pikelets won't last much longer as the flour and milk in them makes them not suitable for GaPS and the flour is nearly all gone, but I'm sure I can make a substitute.

Last night Anouke fall asleep in the clothes she had been wearing all day - eg none, not even a nappy.  She was very asleep, not even wanting booby when I moved her into bed which is unusual for her so I put the waterproof sheet under her and hoped for the best - here it is 12 hours later and she is dry, my bed is dry.  she has been having dry nights for a while so I was fairly confident but it is pretty cool all the same!  I don't know if this will continue on to being able to wee in the potty this morning as up til now she has just sat on the potty without doing anything and then wee'd somewhere else, but hey, a dry bed is nothing to sneeze at!

1 comment:

  1. Those pikelets sound delish! We use White Wings GF SR flour as a sub and it works very well. Not sure if it's ing GaPS but have a look, an extra egg usually sticks everything together. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete