Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Been a bit quiet

Mostly because all that we have been doing is packing and cleaning and looking for a house.  That is right - with 6 days to go we still don't have a house to move into, which is kind of a lot depressing and stressful.  We are reduced to looking at tiny places that will do in the short term but I wouldn't want to live in them long term at all! My long term plan has changed due to this difficulty.  My original 5 year plan was to rent and save up a deposit so that I could buy my own land and build my own house (I'll blog about my dream house another day).  Now I've decided that I'll get what I can at the moment and save like buggery for 6 months and then use the Homeshare or Streets Ahead program to buy a house with help from the state government.  I'll stay in that house  for a while (hoping it will appreciate in value, but at the same time getting myself a history with a mortgage) and then sell it and move onto my land/building dreams.  Still 5 years or so down the track, but just a different way of getting there.

So I'm diving back into house hunting and will be back later with more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment