Monday, July 26, 2010

The end of the year is always busy!

And this year is no exception!  August usually kicks off the busy-ness for us and it is slightly earlier than usual this year.  In a couple of weeks we are heading off to see Kestrel and her family in Lismore for 4 days and Aunty Smidge in Melbourne for 2 days.  When we return from our well earned and much anticipated holiday we have a 10 day breather before Aunty Smidge arrives back in the state for our cousins wedding and stays for a bit over a week.  My birthday, while not a milestone this year, is extra special.  I will see Aunty Smidge on my birthday as that is her last day before she heads back to Melbourne so we have a breakfast planned before she gets on the plane that afternoon.  Two days later Aunty Adie gets back from being overseas for two years.  It is the first time I have seen her on my birthday since she went to uni 5 or 6 years ago and I feel truely blessed to be able to celebrate my birthday with both sisters, even if seperately. 
Obviously Anouke doesn't remember her Aunty Adie but she was there when Anouke was born.  Anouke and Ianto do know her however due to the magic of Skype and we are all counting down until she gets back and we can spend some time with her.  We have a couple of camping trips planned and I'm sure many excursions will eventuate as well. 
Between my birthday and Christmas is just about every other birthday in the family, including mum and dad and Anouke, as well as mum and dad's wedding anniversary.  Christmas promises to be a wonderful family affair, with the whole family staying at mum and dads on Christmas eve to make the most of us all being here.  After Christmas is New Years, then Aunty Adie's birthday and then Ianto turns 5! 
Phew, its going to be chaotic, but I love the chaos of the last half of the year!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you, counting the days!

    You've reminded me I need to get a wriggle on baking my fruit cakes!

    ReplyDelete