Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year...

A couple of days late, admittedly, but I've been busy.  We spent New Years Day at my parents and had a special family dinner as my sister is back off to uni and we won't see her til August at my cousins wedding.  We went to the beach and paddled in the paddling pool when the beach was too windy.  New Years Eve was HOT, Ianto went to the beach with his dad while Anouke and I hid inside all day.  When I picked Ianto up we all headed down to my parents and went to the beach which was divine.  There are not many days when swimming in our river is a good thing, but this was one of them!  the neighbours were down there as well and Ianto had a great time playing in the water with them and after they had gone Mum came down too.  It is great to see Ianto just running out into the water, this time last year he was still very nervous of the water, especially at the beach.  Anouke however is a right water baby.  She just toddled right in!  With a predicted temp of 30C til after midnight we headed home to bed only to get up later to watch a HUGE thunderstorm.  Anouke and I sat on the back step getting wet in the 20 min rain watching it.  Ianto raced back to the bedroom when the thunder got too much lol.
And yesterday was the blessingway of one of my good friends who is just about ready to pop!  A blessingway is a day dedicated to helping the expectant mother prepare for birthing her babe and to honour her.  Each one is different as each mother is different, but common themes are henna bellies (although not this time as our resident henna woman was sick), beaded bracelets or necklaces (to which everyone contributes a bead) and lots of good food and gossip :)  My friend also asked us to contribute to a mural on the wall of her birthing room which was great fun.

And today is a cleaning day.  My carpet is covered in sultanas and dolls house furniture and I need to do more baking.  So I'm off to put my apron on and get into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment