Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Weather and then some

Wow.  What a winter it has been!  A phenomenally wet April that burst the banks of the creek at the bottom of the property, and now we have just had a week of snow!  Not on our place, but the road into Hobart was closed yesterday.  Its the kid of winter stuff I remember from when I was in primary school, which is about 20 years ago now.  The small people loved sitting on top of the highest point of the road last week and catching snowflakes in their hands out the window of the car.
Today has dawned crisp and clear and beautiful.  the sun is out and the sky is blue albeit with a bit of wind and some grey clouds around the horizon.
Today the housemates head off on a holiday with their assorted children for a few days.  Its sort of a holiday for us too - being in the house by ourselves is a rare thing.   I haven't had to cook dinner months because I am on wash up duty so there is a novelty factor involved with it now lol.

I've had  a request for rainbow gloves from both small people so need to finish spinning up the wool they have chosen too so I can do that...  so much to do and so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment