Friday, June 4, 2010

A productive day today

Today was supposed to be craft day in the hall attached to my unit, but the vomit fest seems to have travelled around to every one else this week!  I have had a productive day anyway, got the house cleaned and vacuumed, some washing done, I have pork belly cooking slowly in the le crueset on the stove top and beef stew with lentils in the slow cooker.  The pork belly is in water with orange zest and juice, cinnamon, allspice, salt, cardomon and cloves and after it has cooked in that for a while I will stick it in the fridge to cool down overnight and tomorrow roast it in the oven for our dinner.  Will probably have some cabbage and granny smiths with it, yum....
Anouke is officially out of night nappies at the ripe old age of 18 months - for ages she was waking up in a dry nappy and I got sick of giving myself more washing lol.  Ianto has finally - at the ripe old age of 4 - done the same thing, so no more night nappy washing for me!  Unfortunately Anouke hasn't yet figured out that wee belongs in the potty even though she is aware of needing to wee and can hold on so I spend a fair bit of time cleaning up messes but it could be worse.
After looking at my finances and doing up a budget I have discovered it should be fairly easy for me to save enough over the next 5 years - if I leave my money in a couple of term deposits - for me to be able to buy a block of land outright.  It is a dream of mine to be able to build a little cob house for myself and the small people and being able to do it without getting the banks involved would be brilliant.  It is going to be hard enough getting planning permission to build with cob, I doubt very much a bank would be willing to give me finance for it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yay for no night nappies and ah, your day sounds dreamy.

    ReplyDelete