Monday, December 28, 2009

The first of our Lucky Dip Days

So today we embark on our first true Lucky Dip Day.  We have been doing Christmas stuff every day for a while and this is the first day we have had at home with no plans for nearly a week.  A day of catching up on housework, a bit of baking, a bit of reorganising...  The fortnightly shop got postponed due to Christmas so the cupboard is almost literally bare so shopping will have to come into it somewhere.  At the moment the small ones are both asleep so I'm enjoying the quiet, uninterrupted time I have with the computer lol.

I have asked a couple of my friends about Ianto over the last couple of days.  One suggestion I was given to help Ianto and improve his diet was fish oil.  As the one I really wanted to buy was REALLY expensive, we had to go with one from the supermarket - I let him choose which one he wanted, explained that it would help his brain work and grow (usually telling hims something will make his body/brain grow will get him eating it).  Do you think he would take it?  Nup.  So now I have to find a way to hide orange flavoured fish oil in his food.  Sigh.  I also got a mineral supplement for him - another suggestion was that as he eats a lot of salty foods maybe he is lacking in some minerals - and that won't pass the 'Ianto wants to eat it' test either.  More sigh.  I've been reading Wild Kitchen (see the blog roll) and she has some great recipes etc that I will be incorporating into our way of eating as I try and find the best way to get some better foods into our diet.
Anouke is easy, she eats just about anything - I've nearly lost my fingers a couple of times over Christmas offering her fetta or brie!  She does have champagne tastes however - her favourite Christmas meals were crayfish (aka lobster), smoked salmon and brie pizza, and I had to fight her off the cheese plate on Christmas Eve - fetta, brie, olives, goats cheese, smoked cheese...  All disappearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment